The Charleston Friends of the Library are participating in National Library Week by hosting Pop Up $1 Book Sales at many of its 16 Charleston County Public Library branches.
The Pop-Up Book Sales are smaller, mobile versions of the the group’s annual regional sales. Purchases at these events go towards the Charleston County Public Library system. The pop up sales will take place on the following dates:
- Monday, April 3
- 10 am – 12 pm: Hurd/St Andrews Regional Library
- 2 pm – 4 pm: James Island Library
- Friday, April 7
- 10 am – 12 pm: John’s Island Regional Library
- 2 pm – 4 pm: McClellanville Library
- Monday, April 17
- 2 pm – 4 pm: Otranto Library
- Monday, April 24
- 10 am – 12 pm: Edisto Library
- 2 pm – 4 pm: Hollywood Library
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- 10m – 12 pm: Dorchester Regional Library
- 2 pm – 4 pm: Cooper Memorial Library
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- 12 pm – 5:30 pm: Mt Pleasant Regional Library
In addition to these sales, the Charleston Friends of the Library are teaming up with the Bay Street Biergarten to host the “Books for Beer” fundraiser on Tuesday, April 11th.
The Friends of the Library is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to assisting the county library by providing annual funding for more than 6,000 community programs and classes which are free throughout the county’s 16 branch library network.