We gratefully accept donations of books, media, and gadgets all year long. Donate your gently used books, CDs, DVDs and video games to support the library.
DIRECTIONS: You can donate books & media at any of the 16 library branch locations. Large donations (typically more than 2 boxes, depending on the size of the box) should be dropped off at the Main Library. For the Main Library, drive around behind the Library. You will see stairs and a drop box. Please ring the bell at the door if during normal business hours. If no one answers, you can place books in the drop off bin. For questions, please call 805-6882.
We accept the following gently used items:
- Media items including: CDs, DVDs, books on CD, video games, LPs
- Gadget items including: tablets, e-readers, cell phones, navigation systems
- Complete encyclopedia sets (2011 and newer)
We do not accept:
- Moldy, wet, torn or damaged books
- Out-of-date encyclopedias, textbooks, computer books (2009 and older)
- VHS tapes
- Items that do not meet the acceptable criteria may be donated to the following community organizations
Why are we selective about free materials?
Donated materials aren’t actually free for us! Even though we have volunteers to assist us, there are many costs associated with accepting books and other materials, from staff time to evaluate and process materials, to allocating space for storage of donated items. A cash gift from you will help defray these costs and further the benefit of your donation for CCPL. For more information on how to make a tax deductible gift, click here.
Connect with FOL on social media: