How to donate:
You can donate books at the Main Library. For the Main Library, drive around behind the Library. You will see stairs and a drop box. Please ring the bell at the door if during normal business hours. If no one answers, you can place books in the drop off bin. For questions, please call 843-805-6882.
We accept the following gently used items:
- Library discards (only Large Print)
- Gadget items including: tablets, e-readers, cell phones, navigation systems
We do not accept:
- Moldy, wet, torn or damaged books
- Out-of-date encyclopedias, textbooks, computer books (2009 and older)
- CDs, books on CD
- Video Games
- VHS tapes
- Library discards– other than Large Print
- All Books on Tape and Cassettes
- Magazines, newspapers, pamphlets
Why are we selective about free materials?
Donated materials aren’t actually free for us! Even though we have volunteers to assist us, there are many costs associated with accepting books and other materials, from staff time to evaluate and process materials, to allocating space for storage of donated items. A cash gift from you will help defray these costs and further the benefit of your donation for CCPL.