Membership is a great way to show your support for the Charleston County Public Library, help fund library programs, and encourage reading in our community.
Online membership and donations
There are two ways to join the Friends of the Library or make a donation:
1) Join/donate online here.
2) Or, print and mail our membership form here, then please mail to:
Charleston Friends of the Library I 68 Calhoun Street I Charleston, SC 29401
Your membership to the Friends of the Library makes programs possible like:
- Educational enrichment programs like the Summer Reading Program for children, teens and adults;
- Charleston Tells, Charleston’s very own storytelling festival;
- Free computer classes to learn programs essential for job-seekers and for professional development;
- Cultural experiences like broadcasts of ‘Opera at the Met’ shown in high-definition and 7.1 surround sound;
- Musical performances and DIY festivals;
- Screenings of movies and documentaries;
- Access to computers with free wi-fi access for all – available no where else in the county;
- And so much more.
Please become a member at a level that is right for you today. All members enjoy the benefits of access to the Member Only Event the that takes place before our book sales open to the public.
- Individual $20
- Family $35
- Sponsor $100
- Benefactor $500+
Membership to the Friends follows the calendar year – January 1st to December 31st.
For questions about your membership, please call (843) 805-6882.